Most Recent Posts
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands obstacles, challenges at UK but “we’re going to play to win”
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
By LARRY VAUGHT
The request might have flustered some players, but not Kentucky freshman DeMarcus Cousins.
He was asked during the recent UK WomenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s BasketballI Clinic if he minded being kissed by one of those attending the clinic.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“They wanted to take a picture and kiss me, so I just let them do it to be nice. Why not? It was kind of surprising when they asked, but it was cool and actually a lot of fun. I guess you could say I enjoyed it,Ã¢â‚¬Â Cousin said.
Teammates are sure he did.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t even know if that story is true, but I know he talks to just about every girl on campus. He doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t miss a one. So if it is true, it doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t surprise me and I guarantee you he enjoyed it,Ã¢â‚¬Â UK freshman Daniel Orton said.
Actually, Cousins seems to be enjoying everything about being a Kentucky player. He joked with fans lined up for tickets to Big Blue Madness. He cut up at Big Blue Madness. He likes signing autographs when heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s out.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all so much fun here. You have the fans showing you so much love. It is just fun here all the time,Ã¢â‚¬Â he said. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Coach Cal is cool. He is real down to earth. He treats us like family like he said he would when he was recruiting us. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all good.Ã¢â‚¬Â
DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t worry about any personnel issues, either.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“The whole thing about coming together and how we mesh is that basically it is a whole new team. We have never played under Cal before. Everybody is coming in and learning. We all start from the bottom up, so we will come together easily because itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s new to all of us,Ã¢â‚¬Â Cousins said. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Plus, we all want that (national championship) ring and know if we donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t mess it up, we can get one this year.Ã¢â‚¬Â