Most Recent Posts
- Despite 8th double-double, Randle says “I still can do a lot better”
- Limited number of eRUPPTion Zone tickets for Belmont, Mississippi State available
- Freshman star Julius Randle admits UK ‘harder’ than expected, but nothing ‘I can’t handle’
- Kentucky athletics director Mitch Barnhart wants to “create great environment with students” around recruiting room
- Kentucky running back JoJo Kemp: “It’s all about the program, not me, and I like that we are getting good people.”
- Boise St. coach Leon Rice: “I have never ever underestimated” Calipari
- How close is Kentucky to being “unleashed?”
- Photo Gallery: Kentucky tops Boise State
By LARRY VAUGHT
Andrew Wiggins is regarded as the best basketball player in the 2013 recruiting class. And why not? There’s very little Wiggins, who picked Kansas over UK, cannot do.
However, the more I watched Julius Randle in postseason all-star game after his return from a foot injury, the more impressed I was with him and I’m not sure I don’t agree with Seth Davis.
Here’s what Davis (@SethDavisHoops) posted on Twitter a while back about Randle: “Am I the only person who thinks Julius Randle is the best player in this class? Sure feels like it. Highly skilled and love his power game.”
The more I have thought about it, the more I can find reasons to agree. Randle is big, powerful and quick. He’s team-oriented. He could be just the type player and leader UK needs (can you say Michael Kidd-Gilchrist).
So what do you think? Could Randle be better than Wiggins or is there no chance it could play out that way?