Most Recent Posts
- Despite 8th double-double, UK freshman Julius Randle says “I still can do a lot better”
- Limited number of eRUPPTion Zone tickets for Belmont, Mississippi State available
- Freshman star Julius Randle admits UK ‘harder’ than expected, but nothing ‘I can’t handle’
- Kentucky athletics director Mitch Barnhart wants to “create great environment with students” around recruiting room
- Kentucky running back JoJo Kemp: “It’s all about the program, not me, and I like that we are getting good people.”
- Boise St. coach Leon Rice: “I have never ever underestimated” Calipari
- How close is Kentucky to being “unleashed?”
- Photo Gallery: Kentucky tops Boise State
By LARRY VAUGHT
I loved the way Jason Nahra, UK signee Dakari Johnson’s middle school coach at Sayre, answered this question about the future Wildcat.
Question: What do you think UK fans will like best about him on and off the court?
Nahra: “Dakari is unique in that he is unlike most big men coming through college right now. Since he has been tall most of his basketball life, he has developed great feet and hands for the game, and has sound post moves, and can score in a variety of ways. He will be a supportive teammate, and will have no problem fitting in to play his role to help achieve common team goals. Off the court, I hope he gets the opportunity to show people his personality, and his enthusiasm for the game. He doesn’t desire the spotlight, but he isn’t afraid to step into it if need be.”