Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari will have book-signing tour in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Crestview
- John Calipari has to explain to Bill O’Reilly that Kentucky program has discipline, values to protect players, brand
- Could Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. end up top pick in 2015 NBA draft?
- Whether to declare for draft or stay at UK “muddy, convoluted” for Alex Poythress this year
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on Bud Dupree’s development, leadership, versatility
- KSR’s Ryan Lemond had it right about Willie Cauley-Stein, who weeks ago said “Why not stay in school?”
- Willie Cauley-Stein to return to Kentucky for junior season
- John Calipari has no idea on who might leave early, “surprised” by rumor Rex Chapman started
By LARRY VAUGHT
I loved the way Jason Nahra, UK signee Dakari Johnson’s middle school coach at Sayre, answered this question about the future Wildcat.
Question: What do you think UK fans will like best about him on and off the court?
Nahra: “Dakari is unique in that he is unlike most big men coming through college right now. Since he has been tall most of his basketball life, he has developed great feet and hands for the game, and has sound post moves, and can score in a variety of ways. He will be a supportive teammate, and will have no problem fitting in to play his role to help achieve common team goals. Off the court, I hope he gets the opportunity to show people his personality, and his enthusiasm for the game. He doesn’t desire the spotlight, but he isn’t afraid to step into it if need be.”