Most Recent Posts
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
By LARRY VAUGHT
Cincinnati safety Mike Edwards, who has verbally committed to play for Kentucky coach Mark Stoops, said he “really didn’t know much” about Kentucky football growing up. In fact, he was anti-UK basketball.
“I really didn’t like Kentucky growing up, especially the basketball team,” said Edwards, who has verbally committed to play for the Wildcats. “I just started liking Kentucky when Stoops came in. I really liked him.”
Edwards, who played basketball and baseball along with football, laughs now when he thinks about why he was not a UK basketball fan.
“I just didn’t like them or Duke,” he said. “It seemed like they thought they were the best all the time. They just seemed cocky at that time to me.”