Most Recent Posts
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
Vaught’s note: As vaughtsviews.com readers know, I love sharing guest posts that show what being a University of Kentucky basketball fan is all about. This one by Scott Suder â€” his second one â€” does that and the picture says it all about UK basketball and why the Cats are so special to so many fans. And I have to hope that someone at UK reads this and can make this little girl’s wish list â€” or her father’s wish list for her future memories â€” come true.
By SCOTT SUDER
Sydney’s adventure of meeting some of UK’s greatest players continues.Â Tuesday I waited in line from 1:45 p.m. at Wildcat Wearhouse in Fayette Mall so my daughter could meet the National Player of the Year and future first overall pick in this year’s NBA Draft Anthony Davis. Â The signing wasn’t till 5 p.m., but I wanted to get there early to ensure the chance of meeting Davis.
Around 4 p.m. Sydney arrived with her mother Â and hopped in line with me. Â Sydney had a little mishap as we were approaching Davis â€” she had received a paper cut from the poster I was going to have signed. Â One of the Police Officers noticed blood on the floor and on my shorts. After further investigation it was Sydney’s pinky toe bleeding.
Like a trooper she didn’t scream or cry at this point and we went up to Davis’ table. I held Sydney by Davis’ side and he stopped what he was doing to take the picture with her. Â Last Friday we attempted to get Michael Kidd-Gilchrist’s picture but due to time restraints and advice from his agent, he wasn’t taking pictures with people.
Sydney has one more goal to reach and that’s getting her picture with Coach Cal.
Sydney had her picture taken with Darius Miller and a story ran on this site. Â Well, I took that picture to a signing to have Darius sign it and as soon as he saw the picture he said I remember taking this. Â That comment by Darius gave me a smile. Â Darius has been touring the state meeting so many members of Big Blue Nation and he remembered taking a picture with my daughter.
These group of kids have brought GLORY back to the Bluegrass and now they are sharing their happiness with the NATION.