Most Recent Posts
- Only at Kentucky: Fan can win part ownership in thoroughbred by attending UK game
- Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist could both miss up to 20 games with hand injuries
- Calipari excited for Final Four-like enviroment for Kentucky-Baylor
- Calipari on potential bad weather in Dallas, UK players going back to Texas
- Calipari admits “I am concerned” about Jon Hood after concussion
- Gill-Caesar likes UK’s winning tradition, way Calipari doesn’t “sugar-coat” anything
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about JoJo Kemp, and improving the offensive line for next season
- Calipari says Cauley-Stein “knows he can go get it” and block shots now
By LARRY VAUGHT
CBSSports.com has named Kentucky freshman Julius Randle a preseason first-team All-American.
“Randle projects as the best player on what projects as the nation’s best team. He’s big, strong and super-aggressive — a matchup nightmare in the frontcourt who just might lead Kentucky in points and rebounds while leading the Wildcats to a second national title in three years,” CBSSports.com said.
It also named freshman point guard Andrew Harrison as a third-team pick.
However, to me the big shocker was that sophomore Willie Cauley-Stein was also a third-team pick. That shows how much CBS-TV analysts expect him to improve on this more talented team.