Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky senior Jon Hood named to SEC Community Service Team
- Future Cats Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis all will paly in Jordan Brand All-American Game
- John Calipari hopes “cooler heads” come together to change one-and-done to two-and-done
- Kentucky fourth No. 1 preseason team to drop totally out of AP top 25
- John Calipari says Cats have to be scrappier, play more physical and share the ball a lot better
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will work out with QB guru George Whitfield over spring break
- John Calipari says great players make 2-on-1 look simple and UK “makes those look harder”
- John Calipari: “… just keep making that pass. Make it 22 times”
LOUISVILLE, Ky. –University of Louisville junior forward Chane Behanan has been dismissed from the Cardinals’ basketball team for a violation of university policy.
“I want to apologize for letting down my family, teammates, coaches, Tom Jurich, this university and the Louisville fans,” said Behanan.
“We are all really, really disappointed that Chane will no longer be a part of our basketball team,” said UofL Coach Rick Pitino. “We love the young man and want nothing but the best for him.”
Behanan has averaged 8.3 points, 6.2 rebounds and shot 67.3 percent from the field in 11 games this season. He had two double-doubles this season, including season highs of 13 points and 12 rebounds against Cornell on Nov. 15. Behanan was suspended from the team in mid-October for a month.
A preseason All-American Athletic Conference selection, Behanan averaged 9.8 points, 6.5 rebounds, shot 50.7 percent from the field and totaled 54 steals as a sophomore last season while starting 37 games. He was named to the NCAA Final Four All-Tournament team, producing a double-double against Michigan in the national championship game with 15 points and 12 rebounds.