Most Recent Posts
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
By LARRY VAUGHT
With all the hoopla over Kentucky beating Louisville and rising back to No. 15 in the national rankings this week, Kentucky coach John Calipari made it clear on his weekly radio show that he has not forgotten about some players who didn’t play against Louisville.
“Two guys we can’t lose are Marcus Lee and Derek Willis. We have to make sure they are engaged,” said Calipari. “This program needs them and this team needs them.”
Neither freshman played against Louisville. Lee has played 78 minutes in 10 games and Willis 21 minutes in seven games. Lee has 36 points, 21 rebounds and nine blocks while Willis has 14 points and four rebounds.
Senior Jon Hood has also not played since suffering a head injury in practice. Calipari emphasized that Hood is now cleared to play, but he has played just 18 minutes in four games.
“He is practicing great. Really taking on a leadership role,” the UK coach said. “I am really proud of how far he has come. He is the greatest kid that has come through this program, he really is.”