Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Coach Brumbaugh Mic’d Up – Spring 2014
- UK coach John Calipari says “winning matters” when it comes to NBA draft
- Guest post: Fan offers impression of new Cats from Jordan Brand Classic
- Draft analyst says strong season could lock Willie Cauley-Stein into lottery, but he must avoid another slump
- A.J. Stamps, J.D. Harmon could bolster UK’s chance to increase interceptions
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
By LARRY VAUGHT
With all the hoopla over Kentucky beating Louisville and rising back to No. 15 in the national rankings this week, Kentucky coach John Calipari made it clear on his weekly radio show that he has not forgotten about some players who didn’t play against Louisville.
“Two guys we can’t lose are Marcus Lee and Derek Willis. We have to make sure they are engaged,” said Calipari. “This program needs them and this team needs them.”
Neither freshman played against Louisville. Lee has played 78 minutes in 10 games and Willis 21 minutes in seven games. Lee has 36 points, 21 rebounds and nine blocks while Willis has 14 points and four rebounds.
Senior Jon Hood has also not played since suffering a head injury in practice. Calipari emphasized that Hood is now cleared to play, but he has played just 18 minutes in four games.
“He is practicing great. Really taking on a leadership role,” the UK coach said. “I am really proud of how far he has come. He is the greatest kid that has come through this program, he really is.”