Most Recent Posts
- Calipari on playing Indiana: “We offered to play Indiana twice in Indiana, and they said no”
- Coach says “humble” Booker wanted teammates “to experience some of the things” he does
- Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown says RB Braylon Heard has “different gear” and will be “factor” for UK
- UK coach John Calipari says players played too long and “I’m the one that played them that many minutes”
- UK OT Jordan Swindle on change in attitude: “These coaches instilled in us to play until the end and not give up”
- Kentucky nickelback Blake McClain happy to “just play fast”
- Booker says Kentucky, not Duke, has nation’s No. 1 recruiting class
- Cats Return To Rupp To Find Their Determination To Win; numbers favor UK by 10
By LARRY VAUGHT
Grammy Award-winning singer Cyndi Lauper will serve as the grand marshal for the 57th annual Republic Bank Pegasus Parade on May 3 in Louisville, but Kentucky coach John Calipari and his coaching staff will serve as honorary grand marshals for the parade and my guess is that a lot more fans are going to be excited about seeing Calipari than Lauper.
The UK coaching staff will be accompanied by the national championship trophy for the parade route along Broadway.
â€œWe encourage members of the Big Blue Nation to don their blue apparel and come out to the Republic Bank Pegasus Parade to celebrate the University of Kentuckyâ€™s first national championship in 14 years,â€ said Mike Berry, President and CEO of the Kentucky Derby Festival. â€œThis yearâ€™s Wildcat team dominated most of the regular season and made a stirring run through the NCAA tournament. This will be a great showcase for Kentucky fans from all over the area to celebrate the teamâ€™s tremendous success up close and personal. We expect the streets will be packed from the start of the parade to the finish.
So do I.
Lauper will treat parade goersto a mini performance before the parade marches down Broadway at 5 p.m. when UK fans will again be able to applaud Calipari and his staff as well as see the national championship trophy.
Tonight Calipari, his staff and his players will be honored before the Cincinnati Reds game in Great American Ballpark. The trophy will also be on display at the game.