Most Recent Posts
- Calipari will be honorary pace car driver for Kentucky Speedway NASCAR race
- Neal Brown on Mobley, Sanders, Miller, Borden, Shields, Kendrick, Timmons and more
- Humphrey “grateful” that Archie Goodwin got to play under John Calipari
- Brown says line, receiver are offensive recruiting needs; OL Kelly commits
- Goodwin getting “postive feedback” from workouts with various NBA teams
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
By LARRY VAUGHT
Do you have beer muscles?
Apparently Kentucky coach John Calipari thought Texas A&M standout Elston Turner had those beer muscles last month when he scored 40 points in a win at Rupp Arena.
So how will UK stop Turner Saturday night?
“We could have done some different things. We could have trapped him and made somebody else beat you, but we had the wrong guy on him. So you have the wrong guy on him, the kid gets going and now the kid’s got beer muscles and all of the sudden he’s making every shot,” Calipari said.
What exactly are Beer muscles?
“Mean you’re a weakling but you get beers in you and you want to beat somebody’s brains in that’s a monster. That’s called beer muscles,” Calipari said.
Lexington Herald-Leader beat writer Jerry Tipton told Calipari he had “white wine muscles.”
Calipari countered: “I grew up in Pittsburgh, it was Iron City beer and a shot.”