Most Recent Posts
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Go To Bat Against Breast Cancer and be Honorary Bat Girls for Reds
Kentucky coach John Calipari says he plans to do things “as a team that I have not done in the past that I think will help this team come together” this summer.
“Some of it is, we’ll watch some movies together, some things of teams coming together. A team, what they had to do to sacrifice for each other,” Calipari said. “More than any team I’ve had, shared sacrifice is going to matter in this group, and they knew that coming here.
“I told every one of them, ‘If you want to shoot 30 balls a game, you don’t come here. If you want to be the only guy that’s playing, the one guy that everybody’s talking about, you wouldn’t come here.’ I think again, it’s been laid out for them. Now the question is, will we all have the patience? Will I have the patience? There’s no choice.
“It may be ugly early, and we’re playing good teams early. Through January we may not be a very good team. The point is, by the end of the year, we have the talent, the size, the toughness, the skill set. How do we get each individual being at their best? How do we bring this team together? That’ll be the challenge of this.”