Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Coach Brumbaugh Mic’d Up – Spring 2014
- UK coach John Calipari says “winning matters” when it comes to NBA draft
- Guest post: Fan offers impression of new Cats from Jordan Brand Classic
- Draft analyst says strong season could lock Willie Cauley-Stein into lottery, but he must avoid another slump
- A.J. Stamps, J.D. Harmon could bolster UK’s chance to increase interceptions
- Colts DL Bjoern Werner gave “words of wisdom” to Cats, liked way Bud Dupree was “coming off ball”
- SI.com’s Brian Hamilton ranks three Kentucky wins among four best NCAA tourney games this year
- Stan Van Gundy tells Mike Bianchi that John Calipari “had more NBA players” at UK than Lakers do
Kentucky coach John Calipari says he plans to do things “as a team that I have not done in the past that I think will help this team come together” this summer.
“Some of it is, we’ll watch some movies together, some things of teams coming together. A team, what they had to do to sacrifice for each other,” Calipari said. “More than any team I’ve had, shared sacrifice is going to matter in this group, and they knew that coming here.
“I told every one of them, ‘If you want to shoot 30 balls a game, you don’t come here. If you want to be the only guy that’s playing, the one guy that everybody’s talking about, you wouldn’t come here.’ I think again, it’s been laid out for them. Now the question is, will we all have the patience? Will I have the patience? There’s no choice.
“It may be ugly early, and we’re playing good teams early. Through January we may not be a very good team. The point is, by the end of the year, we have the talent, the size, the toughness, the skill set. How do we get each individual being at their best? How do we bring this team together? That’ll be the challenge of this.”