Most Recent Posts
- How close is Kentucky to being “unleashed?”
- Photo Gallery: Kentucky tops Boise State
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Highlights from the Cats’ win over Boise State
- New hairstyle, same defensive dominance for Kentucky’s Willie Cauley-Stein against Boise State
- Kentucky “really needed this win” over Boise State
- Kentucky-Boise State postgame notes and numbers
- Live: UK TV delivers livestream of post-Boise State press conferences
- NBA scouts offer takes on what’s wrong with Calipari’s Cats
Question: Have there been times in practice when players have done something you didn’t know they could do?
Calipari: “We have the helmet award. If you get dunked on, you’ve got to take the shot with the helmet on. So Derek Willis dunked on both Julius and Dakari (Johnson), like both of them. We just stopped practice. Derek Willis is going to be a really good player. He’s learning. He’s creating good habits. This team is going to be a hard team to steal minutes, but I’ll tell you what, he’s playing as well as anybody.
“And the other guy is Marcus Lee, who’s just so active. What he is is a young Dennis Rodman. You’re like offensively, where do I put him? Then you watch defensively, and he can guard every position. He rebounds like crazy. He’s tipping balls in offensively. He’s got a clubliness about him.I sent him home for the weekend, and on Sunday he texts me about noon, and he said, ‘Coach, I cannot wait to practice. How do you feel?’ I mean, that’s who he is. There was no like — that’s just who he is.”