Most Recent Posts
- Young Kentucky fan (@nosidam__) shares her passion for Kentucky sports
- Stoops: UK-Louisville future games “up to our administration” but “not interested” in 9 SEC games
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands obstacles, challenges at UK but “we’re going to play to win”
- Former UK great Jeff Sheppard excited about recruiting class, but says fans should remember players are young
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky coach John Calipari has been the target of more than a few barbs from national media members during his coaching career. That certainly has not changed since he got to Kentucky and has seen stories about Eric Bledsoe’s high school academics, John Wall’s recruitment, DeMarcus Cousins’ behavior, Anthony Davis’ recruiting incentives and UK’s grade-point average.
But Calipari is not one to shy away from fighting back. He will talk to certain national media members almost at will to give them information and insights those who blast him will not have access to. Recently the UK coach has talked aboutÃ‚Â “radio silence” on his Twitter account before releasing his definition of that term:
“My definition of ‘radio silence’ is the sound u hear in the Twittersphere from the triumverate & compadres when there r positive stories about UK to be told. See if you can hear it!!!