Most Recent Posts
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
- Video: Larry hears cowbells, makes a chocolate cow and soaks up the culture in Switzerland
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about recruiting the home state of Kentucky
- What role did Drew Barker’s mother play in his athletic development?
By LARRY VAUGHT
What do Kentucky fans and coach John Calipari have in common? Easy. They are all disappointed with UK’s loss at Alabama Tuesday.
“To be honest, I’m disappointed, but my disappointment is more with me than it is with the individual players on this team,” Calipari posted on www.coachcal.com Thursday. “Over the years, we have always taken great pride in getting guys to accept roles, to play for their teammates and to play to win versus playing not to lose. Our teams have always played tough both mentally and physically. This team is doing none of that right now, but that comes back to me.
“They are going to give you what you demand. If you demand a lot, you will get a lot. If you accept mediocrity, you will get it every single time. That’s what I must be accepting right now. My will has always been stronger and longer than individual players on the team and the team as a whole. I can only tell you that I haven’t given up any individual player on this team because guys like Kyle Wiltjer have gotten it and are improving.”