Most Recent Posts
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
By LARRY VAUGHT
Archie Goodwin was just 4-for-17 from the field in Saturday’s 82-54 win over Marshall. He had six rebounds, two assists and two steals — he also had four turnovers — in 29 minutes, but it was some of the missed shots that left coach John Calipari with a simple message for his freshman guard.
“I was disappointed. He missed four layups. I think he’s flipping. Rod (Strickland) thinks he’s looking down, not seeing the basket, looking up at the last moment to shoot it. I don’t know what it is. I’ll watch the tape, see if I can figure it out,” Calipari said.
“You can’t miss layups. Bad enough missing open shots. But missing layups, c’mon, you’re not going to win.”