Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky fans even took time to throw up the “3 goggles” in the Alps
- Signee Marcus Lee says Kentucky “will refuse to lose next year”
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
- Video: Larry hears cowbells, makes a chocolate cow and soaks up the culture in Switzerland
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky has now won 50 straight home games â€” Billy Gillispieâ€™s final home game and 49 straight by Calipari â€” in the last three-plus seasons.
â€œWell, it the first Iâ€™ve thought of it,â€ John Calipari said after Saturday’s game. â€œIt is 50? Thatâ€™s a lot of games.â€
Then he joked a bit about the pressure to win at Kentucky.
â€œIâ€ˆmade an exclusive decision with the radio group outside, the 9,000 people that stay after (the game). If we lose, Iâ€ˆdo not sign one ball. So you guys better cheer your guts out for us to win,â€ Calipari said. â€œIf I walk in there after an L (loss), no balls get signed. So now Iâ€™ll be out there signing 200 basketballs before I leave the building.â€
Kennedy said he didnâ€™t mention the streak to his team.
â€œFor us, we talked about a lot of things, and that wasnâ€™t one of them. I didnâ€™t want to bring that to our guyâ€™s attention,â€ the Mississippi coach said.