Most Recent Posts
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
- Video: Larry hears cowbells, makes a chocolate cow and soaks up the culture in Switzerland
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about recruiting the home state of Kentucky
- What role did Drew Barker’s mother play in his athletic development?
- Calipari will be keynote speaker at Iba Awards June 3 in Tulsa
- D.J. Eliot understands coach Mark Stoops “very well” can bring new ideas to UK defense
- Swiss Cat Part 2: Larry continues his adventure in Switzerland
- Brumbaugh understands junior college talent, feels he can bring JUCO players to UK
By LARRY VAUGHT
Knowing that University of Kentucky fans want to know everything about the upcoming basketball season, coach John Calipari used Twitter Thursday night to unveil what jersey number each player would be wearing this season.
Nerlens Noel, who is expected on campus this weekend after finishing his eligibility work, will take over No. 3 that Terrence Jones wore last season. Freshman Alex Poythress will get No. 22 and freshman Willie Cauley-Stein No. 15. The other freshman, Archie Goodwin, will wear No. 10, the number that Twany Beckham had last season. Beckham will switch to No. 11 this season. Wright State transfer Julius Mays gets jersey number 34.
Ryan Harrow, who sat out last season after transferring from North Carolina State, will be No. 12.
Jon Hood keeps No. 4 and Kyle Wiltjer will again wear No. 33.
Walk-ons Jarrod Polson (5), Sam Malone (13) and Brian Long (32) will each have the same numbers as last year.