Most Recent Posts
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
- Kentucky offers athletic 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman
Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl paid John Calipari a major compliment at the Southeastern Conference Media Day Thursday.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“John Calipari does the best job in college basketball of getting talented players to play together. Nobody does it better,Ã¢â‚¬Â said Pearl.
The Tennessee coach still thinks Florida, not Kentucky or Tennessee, is the team to beat in the SEC this year. However, he also says juniors Darius Miller and DeAndre Liggins could be the key to KentuckyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s success.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“The returning players at Kentucky will have to play new roles. Watch those returning players,Ã¢â‚¬Â Pearl said. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Those are the guys that will make a big difference this year.Ã¢â‚¬Â
He said KentuckyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s past basketball success set the bar for SEC teams and Florida raised it by winning back-to-back national titles.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Kentucky is going to have another great year. They just reload,Ã¢â‚¬Â Pearl said. Ã¢â‚¬Å“They will be terrific.Ã¢â‚¬Â