Most Recent Posts
- Neal Brown would like one running back to emerge, but okay with running back by committee
- Julius Randle “can’t speak” on what Harrisons will do, but expects UK to have “amazing team” again
- After postseason run, Julius Randle “at peace” to leave Kentucky for NBA
- Julius Randle announces he’s leaving Kentucky to enter NBA draft
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: Julius Randle press conference on April 22
- Guest post: John Calipari book signing draws crowd, interesting tidbits on recruiting, pasta and more
- Guest post: NCAA has power to negate one and done if it wants
- John Wall says John Calipari “loves Kentucky too much” to leave for NBA
By LARRY VAUGHT
I didn’t get to hear Rich Brooks on the radio this morning with Joe Hall and Denny Crum because I was working, but reader Derek Kirby did and offered this terrific recap of what the former UK coach had to say courtesy of Kentucky Sports Radio:
Ã¢â‚¬Å“I was there and I was told that we were going to renovate our stadium, have a recruiting room, have club seating and do all the things that all the other schools in the SEC have. That didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t come. It got mired up because a new basketball arena and new baseball stadium were thrown into it and it was just too big of a number.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been known as a basketball school and basketball needs to get what they get and keep getting it, but there is enough money that football brings in that needs to be invested back into the program.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“You put suites between the goal lines and raise the press box on top of the stadium because that is so antiquated and so old. Get club seating in there with an area behind the concourse so they can go inside and get food and drinks. Then maybe you get more people tailgating inside and get more people in the stadium earlier as well.Ã¢â‚¬Â
What do you think? If you are a football fan, hard to argue with the former coach and don’t ever underestimate those reasons for why he left the job when he did.