Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By LARRY VAUGHT
I didn’t get to hear Rich Brooks on the radio this morning with Joe Hall and Denny Crum because I was working, but reader Derek Kirby did and offered this terrific recap of what the former UK coach had to say courtesy of Kentucky Sports Radio:
Ã¢â‚¬Å“I was there and I was told that we were going to renovate our stadium, have a recruiting room, have club seating and do all the things that all the other schools in the SEC have. That didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t come. It got mired up because a new basketball arena and new baseball stadium were thrown into it and it was just too big of a number.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been known as a basketball school and basketball needs to get what they get and keep getting it, but there is enough money that football brings in that needs to be invested back into the program.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“You put suites between the goal lines and raise the press box on top of the stadium because that is so antiquated and so old. Get club seating in there with an area behind the concourse so they can go inside and get food and drinks. Then maybe you get more people tailgating inside and get more people in the stadium earlier as well.Ã¢â‚¬Â
What do you think? If you are a football fan, hard to argue with the former coach and don’t ever underestimate those reasons for why he left the job when he did.