Most Recent Posts
- Kris Bentley of Sundy Best says performing at UK “one of the coolest things we’ve ever done”
- John Calipari: “I’ve think we’ve done right by these kids (who have gone to the NBA early”
- Father says transfer speculation never bothered Kentucky QB Patrick Towles
- John Calipari says only way to end freefall is for players “to do this together”
- Kentucky senior Jon Hood named to SEC Community Service Team
- Future Cats Trey Lyles, Karl Towns, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis all will paly in Jordan Brand All-American Game
- John Calipari hopes “cooler heads” come together to change one-and-done to two-and-done
- Kentucky fourth No. 1 preseason team to drop totally out of AP top 25
By LARRY VAUGHT
I didn’t get to hear Rich Brooks on the radio this morning with Joe Hall and Denny Crum because I was working, but reader Derek Kirby did and offered this terrific recap of what the former UK coach had to say courtesy of Kentucky Sports Radio:
Ã¢â‚¬Å“I was there and I was told that we were going to renovate our stadium, have a recruiting room, have club seating and do all the things that all the other schools in the SEC have. That didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t come. It got mired up because a new basketball arena and new baseball stadium were thrown into it and it was just too big of a number.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been known as a basketball school and basketball needs to get what they get and keep getting it, but there is enough money that football brings in that needs to be invested back into the program.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“You put suites between the goal lines and raise the press box on top of the stadium because that is so antiquated and so old. Get club seating in there with an area behind the concourse so they can go inside and get food and drinks. Then maybe you get more people tailgating inside and get more people in the stadium earlier as well.Ã¢â‚¬Â
What do you think? If you are a football fan, hard to argue with the former coach and don’t ever underestimate those reasons for why he left the job when he did.