Most Recent Posts
- Ohio twins will transfer from Pittsburgh to Kentucky
- Photo Gallery: Alex Poythress at Camp Cal
- Ohio RB Mikel Horton did all he could to help convince Georgia RB Boom Williams to commit to UK
- Boom Willams expects to make impact returning punts, kickoffs
- UK commit Stanley Williams ready to bring the “Boom” to Kentucky football
- Calipari uses Twitter to explain Kentucky’s recruiting success
- Longtime sports writer Joey Fosko dies from apparent heart attack
- Kentucky offers athletic 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman
By LARRY VAUGHT
It’s not hard for Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook editor Chris Dortch to identify his most intriguing player on John Calipari’s new team.
“Willie Cauley-Stein. Can you imagine that dude, at 7 feet, coming at your if you’re a 5-9 cornerback? He played wide receiver for his high school, so you know he’s a great athlete. I’ve been told he’s ahead of Nerlens Noel (who of course missed 16 days of summer practice), and that he’s more advanced offensively than the coaches thought. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Cauley-Stein and Noel together on the floor,” said Dortch, who has UK No. 3 in his preseason poll.
“I think Cauley-Stein may be significantly better than people thought and can help Noel lock down the inside while also getting his share of points around the basket.”