Most Recent Posts
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
- Video: Larry hears cowbells, makes a chocolate cow and soaks up the culture in Switzerland
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about recruiting the home state of Kentucky
- What role did Drew Barker’s mother play in his athletic development?
- Calipari will be keynote speaker at Iba Awards June 3 in Tulsa
- D.J. Eliot understands coach Mark Stoops “very well” can bring new ideas to UK defense
- Swiss Cat Part 2: Larry continues his adventure in Switzerland
Vaught’s note: What a summer treat this should be for Kentucky fans and WKYT-TV’s Steve Moss promises to keep us informed of upcoming games I know you will enjoy starting with two classic football victories.
Beginning Saturday, University of Kentucky football and basketball fans can relive many of their favorite moments when Ã¢â‚¬Å“Big Blue EncoreÃ¢â‚¬Â hits the air.Ã‚Â Through an agreement with XOS Digital, the Southeastern Conference and WKYT-TV, the Lexington CBS television affiliate and flagship station of the Big Blue Sports Network will begin rebroadcasting classic UK games throughout the year.
The games will be rebroadcast on either WKYT-TV or its sister station, CWKYT.
UK fans certainly will remember the first two games that will be rebroadcast.Ã‚Â On July 16, WKYT will air the 1998 Kentucky-LSU football game, which was played in Baton Rouge and televised by ESPN2.Ã‚Â In the closing minutes, with the game tied, then-head coach Hal Mumme apparently was playing to get the game into overtime. But Mumme dipped into his bag of tricks, calling for a reverse to wide receiver Quentin McCord.Ã‚Â McCordÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 38-yard gain helped the Cats into position for a Seth Hanson game-winning field goal
On July 17, WKYT will rebroadcast the ESPN Classic UK-Louisville football game from 2007.Ã‚Â Andre WoodsonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 57-yard touchdown pass to Steve Johnson, with 28 seconds remaining, helped the Cats to their first win over a Top 10 opponent in three decades.
With this agreement, WKYT now holds the rebroadcast rights to a UK library of network television games dating back to 1956.
Weekend TV Schedule:
July 16Ã‚Â WKYTÃ‚Â Big Blue Encore: UK vs. LSU, Oct. 17, 1998
July 17Ã‚Â WKYTÃ‚Â Big Blue Encore: Louisville vs. UK, Sept. 15, 2007