Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By LARRY VAUGHT
Jeff Sheppard has not seen any of UK’s incoming freshman players play, but he heard plenty about Julius Randle from former Cat and current NBA standout DeMarcus Cousins.
“He said ‘that Randle kid is phenomenal.’ He says is a top five draft pick right now,” Sheppard said. “DeMarcus does not give out many compliments at all. He is pretty proud of his ability. He says everybody else (coming into UK) is only alright. That means they are very good and special.
“But for him to call out Randle said a lot coming from him. I think that means you can really expect big things from Randle.”