Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari will have book-signing tour in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Crestview
- John Calipari has to explain to Bill O’Reilly that Kentucky program has discipline, values to protect players, brand
- Could Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. end up top pick in 2015 NBA draft?
- Whether to declare for draft or stay at UK “muddy, convoluted” for Alex Poythress this year
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on Bud Dupree’s development, leadership, versatility
- KSR’s Ryan Lemond had it right about Willie Cauley-Stein, who weeks ago said “Why not stay in school?”
- Willie Cauley-Stein to return to Kentucky for junior season
- John Calipari has no idea on who might leave early, “surprised” by rumor Rex Chapman started
One plus about the Internet is that it gives everyone a chance to see so much more material today. Yet I have to admit even I was surprised when this comment got posted recently in conjunction with the post I did about UK football fan David Schmidt and his unique UK spring football poster.
“I’m a AU (Auburn) Tiger fan but,I have always enjoyed playing the Wildcats. You have some of the nicest fans in the SEC. But,if someone told us to sit down at an Auburn game we could only image it would be a Bama fan. We hardly EVER sit down. Maybe those Kentucky fans (IMO) would be better served watching from home! BTW…. I love the poster!”
Those comments came from Lisa Johnson. So I contacted her to see what made her enjoy UK fans so much.
”I have had the pleasure of sitting next to Kentucky fans at football games at Jordan-Hare Stadium. That’s how I know how what a pleasure they are,” she said.
I also asked if she could envision a day where UK football was a force in the SEC.
“As far as the Wild Cats being a force in the SEC ……. I think it’s much more plausible now with coach Stoops, than it has been in a long time. Give him time to recruit and y’all will be going bowling!” she said.
And what about the poster?
“I loved the poster because it was a fan that didn’t mind using humor and bringing attention to himself to help his football team,” she said. “And good luck this year. This is one Tiger fan that will be pulling for y’all.”