Most Recent Posts
- Even UK football coach Mark Stoops did not expect this much fan support at Kentucky
- Video: UK softball coach Rachel Lawson previews the Super Regional clash against Arizona State
- ESPN.com’s Jason King seems to have logical rankings going into next season
- Mark Stoops on John Calipari: “I love being around him”
- UK football coach Mark Stoops understands that hiring Vince Marrow was a home run for Kentucky
- Video: Larry hears cowbells, makes a chocolate cow and soaks up the culture in Switzerland
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about recruiting the home state of Kentucky
- What role did Drew Barker’s mother play in his athletic development?
By LARRY VAUGHT
Auburn center Rob Chubb certainly was impressed with what he saw from Nerlens Noel Saturday.
“He was a great player. He was a great shot blocker. He was stopping people from coming in the lane so whenever he wasn’t in the game, it helped us a little bit whenever we could drive,” Chubb said.
Last year Chubb played against Anthony Davis, the eventual No. 1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft. He didn’t see any major difference between Davis and Noel
“He’s about the same player. Anthony Davis and him both have a great feel for shot blocking, it doesn’t matter if you pump fake them, they’re so long they can just get to the ball,” Chubb said. “He had some great timed shot blocks tonight, and that’s pretty much what everyone knows him as.”
So what do you think? Is Noel “about the same player” as Davis or not?