Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari will have book-signing tour in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Crestview
- John Calipari has to explain to Bill O’Reilly that Kentucky program has discipline, values to protect players, brand
- Could Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. end up top pick in 2015 NBA draft?
- Whether to declare for draft or stay at UK “muddy, convoluted” for Alex Poythress this year
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on Bud Dupree’s development, leadership, versatility
- KSR’s Ryan Lemond had it right about Willie Cauley-Stein, who weeks ago said “Why not stay in school?”
- Willie Cauley-Stein to return to Kentucky for junior season
- John Calipari has no idea on who might leave early, “surprised” by rumor Rex Chapman started
By LARRY VAUGHT
Auburn center Rob Chubb certainly was impressed with what he saw from Nerlens Noel Saturday.
“He was a great player. He was a great shot blocker. He was stopping people from coming in the lane so whenever he wasn’t in the game, it helped us a little bit whenever we could drive,” Chubb said.
Last year Chubb played against Anthony Davis, the eventual No. 1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft. He didn’t see any major difference between Davis and Noel
“He’s about the same player. Anthony Davis and him both have a great feel for shot blocking, it doesn’t matter if you pump fake them, they’re so long they can just get to the ball,” Chubb said. “He had some great timed shot blocks tonight, and that’s pretty much what everyone knows him as.”
So what do you think? Is Noel “about the same player” as Davis or not?