Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Go To Bat Against Breast Cancer and be Honorary Bat Girls for Reds
- Top-ranked Florida runs the table in SEC play with 84-65 win over Kentucky
- High school coach says he’s heard “no NBA talk” from Andrew or Aaron Harrison
By LARRY VAUGHT
Auburn center Rob Chubb certainly was impressed with what he saw from Nerlens Noel Saturday.
“He was a great player. He was a great shot blocker. He was stopping people from coming in the lane so whenever he wasn’t in the game, it helped us a little bit whenever we could drive,” Chubb said.
Last year Chubb played against Anthony Davis, the eventual No. 1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft. He didn’t see any major difference between Davis and Noel
“He’s about the same player. Anthony Davis and him both have a great feel for shot blocking, it doesn’t matter if you pump fake them, they’re so long they can just get to the ball,” Chubb said. “He had some great timed shot blocks tonight, and that’s pretty much what everyone knows him as.”
So what do you think? Is Noel “about the same player” as Davis or not?