Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
- Receiver Jeff Badet has broken fibula, receiver A.J. Legree “gonna quit and go play somewhere else”
- Jojo Kemp: “I’m trying to make this like high school again”
- Alex Poythress to return to Kentucky for junior season
- Jordan Swindle improving, becoming leader going against “freak” Bud Dupree in practice
- Julius Randle knew he had to sacrifice just like others for Kentucky to succeed
- Dakari Johnson appreciated the way Kentucky fans “stuck with us”
By LARRY VAUGHT
Auburn center Rob Chubb certainly was impressed with what he saw from Nerlens Noel Saturday.
“He was a great player. He was a great shot blocker. He was stopping people from coming in the lane so whenever he wasn’t in the game, it helped us a little bit whenever we could drive,” Chubb said.
Last year Chubb played against Anthony Davis, the eventual No. 1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft. He didn’t see any major difference between Davis and Noel
“He’s about the same player. Anthony Davis and him both have a great feel for shot blocking, it doesn’t matter if you pump fake them, they’re so long they can just get to the ball,” Chubb said. “He had some great timed shot blocks tonight, and that’s pretty much what everyone knows him as.”
So what do you think? Is Noel “about the same player” as Davis or not?