Most Recent Posts
- Belmont coach on Randle: “Nothing worked. We couldn’t stop him”
- UK coach John Calipari had “same scene” he did with Nerlens Noel when he told son he tore his ACL
- Jarrod Polson and Dominique Hawkins brought energy, emotion Cats need more of
- Kentucky-Belmont postgame notes and numbers
- Barnhart on stadium: “We wanted to bring fans tighter to the action”
- Willie Cauley-Stein says even “killers” still have to learn to play “their absolute best”
- Cats return To Rupp for month, won’t travel again until Jan. 11
- Matthew Mitchell on ‘dynamic’ Duke, NCAA seeding, Rupp crowd, Stallworth, Epps and more
By LARRY VAUGHT
Auburn center Rob Chubb certainly was impressed with what he saw from Nerlens Noel Saturday.
“He was a great player. He was a great shot blocker. He was stopping people from coming in the lane so whenever he wasn’t in the game, it helped us a little bit whenever we could drive,” Chubb said.
Last year Chubb played against Anthony Davis, the eventual No. 1 pick in the 2012 NBA draft. He didn’t see any major difference between Davis and Noel
“He’s about the same player. Anthony Davis and him both have a great feel for shot blocking, it doesn’t matter if you pump fake them, they’re so long they can just get to the ball,” Chubb said. “He had some great timed shot blocks tonight, and that’s pretty much what everyone knows him as.”
So what do you think? Is Noel “about the same player” as Davis or not?