Most Recent Posts
- Only at Kentucky: Fan can win part ownership in thoroughbred by attending UK game
- Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist could both miss up to 20 games with hand injuries
- Calipari excited for Final Four-like enviroment for Kentucky-Baylor
- Calipari on potential bad weather in Dallas, UK players going back to Texas
- Calipari admits “I am concerned” about Jon Hood after concussion
- Gill-Caesar likes UK’s winning tradition, way Calipari doesn’t “sugar-coat” anything
- Video: UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown talks about JoJo Kemp, and improving the offensive line for next season
- Calipari says Cauley-Stein “knows he can go get it” and block shots now
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kentucky coach John Calipari obviously is an all-out recruiting mode now as he visits top prospects and he even gave out a scholarship offer to Texas 7-footer Myles Turner this week.
The good thing about Turner is that he could easily play with Karl Towns, UK’s only commit in the 2014 class — even though that could change tonight when Chicago point guard Tyler Ulis picks his school.
Turner shot up the recruiting rankings this summer and is now a five-star prospect. Scout.com recently elevated him to the No. 2 player in the 2014 class.
Turner has rocketed up the recruiting rankings in recent weeks following a dominant showing on the summer circuit. Scout.com ranks him as the No. 2 overall prospect in the Class of 2014.
He could make a visit to UK for Big Blue Madness on Oct. 18 along with top targets Stanley Johnson, Trey Lyles and Kelly Oubre. Turner also plans to visit Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Kansas. Other schools on his list include Duke, Louisville, Texas and Arizona.
Kentucky is also actively involved with 2014 big men Cliff Alexander and Jahlil Okafor.