Most Recent Posts
- NBADraftBlog.com’s Ed Isaacson on Julius Randle, James Young
- John Calipari admits he was “scared to death” of “rock star” Bill O’Reilly
- Embracing the role of the punter is Landon Foster’s specialty
- John Calipari says not allowing schools that can afford it to take care of players, families has to stop
- UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown says Patrick Towles has “made tremendous strides”
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter NBA draft
- John Calipari on Willie Cauley-Stein: “I never even talked to him about coming back”
- John Calipari says summer tour “will probably be something with World Games;” has not interviewed possible assistants yet
By LARRY VAUGHT
As I was watching Louisville rally to beat Wichita State last night, I was looking back through notes from the McDonald’s All-American Game and figuring out what stories I still had to write.
That’s when I came upon three of my favorite quotes of the week — all from Aaron Harrison. He’s been somewhat overshadowed by his twin brother, point guard Andrew Harrison, but don’t doubt Aaron Harrison’s ability, leadership or perspective. My guess is that UK fans will love him.
Here are three answers he had that I loved:
What would be a good nickname for next year’s UK team? “We are Kentucky. We don’t need any nicknames. We are just going out to prove we are the best.”
Do you like the pressure you will be under at UK? “We like all of it. Great players thrive in great moments. We want everybody to be out there. Just wait and see.”
Will your recruiting class definitely predict a national title the way players did two years ago? “We will proclaim it I guess but it is not about words. It is about what you do out there on the court”