Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By LARRY VAUGHT
As I was watching Louisville rally to beat Wichita State last night, I was looking back through notes from the McDonald’s All-American Game and figuring out what stories I still had to write.
That’s when I came upon three of my favorite quotes of the week — all from Aaron Harrison. He’s been somewhat overshadowed by his twin brother, point guard Andrew Harrison, but don’t doubt Aaron Harrison’s ability, leadership or perspective. My guess is that UK fans will love him.
Here are three answers he had that I loved:
What would be a good nickname for next year’s UK team? “We are Kentucky. We don’t need any nicknames. We are just going out to prove we are the best.”
Do you like the pressure you will be under at UK? “We like all of it. Great players thrive in great moments. We want everybody to be out there. Just wait and see.”
Will your recruiting class definitely predict a national title the way players did two years ago? “We will proclaim it I guess but it is not about words. It is about what you do out there on the court”