Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky “really needed this win” over Boise State
- Kentucky-Boise State postgame notes and numbers
- Live: UK TV delivers livestream of post-Boise State press conferences
- NBA scouts offer takes on what’s wrong with Calipari’s Cats
- Kentucky RB JoJo Kemp plans to keep “grinding” and keep “this ship moving”
- UK signee Devin Booker on Cats: “I feel like toward the end of the year, they’re going to be special”
- James Young: “We can play defense, it’s just we tend to stop sometimes”
- Calipari on defense: “It starts with your point guard. If he can’ t pressure the ball, then someone else has to be playing;
By LARRY VAUGHT
As I was watching Louisville rally to beat Wichita State last night, I was looking back through notes from the McDonald’s All-American Game and figuring out what stories I still had to write.
That’s when I came upon three of my favorite quotes of the week — all from Aaron Harrison. He’s been somewhat overshadowed by his twin brother, point guard Andrew Harrison, but don’t doubt Aaron Harrison’s ability, leadership or perspective. My guess is that UK fans will love him.
Here are three answers he had that I loved:
What would be a good nickname for next year’s UK team? “We are Kentucky. We don’t need any nicknames. We are just going out to prove we are the best.”
Do you like the pressure you will be under at UK? “We like all of it. Great players thrive in great moments. We want everybody to be out there. Just wait and see.”
Will your recruiting class definitely predict a national title the way players did two years ago? “We will proclaim it I guess but it is not about words. It is about what you do out there on the court”