Most Recent Posts
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK players Julius Randle and Dakari Johnson talk after the loss to Florida
- Kentucky Wildcats TV: UK Coach John Calipari talks after loss to Florida
- Behind “attack” mentality, No. 12 Kentucky takes down No. 5 South Carolina, 68-58
- UK Hoops advances to SEC Tourney finals with 68-58 win over South Carolina
- Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
- Go To Bat Against Breast Cancer and be Honorary Bat Girls for Reds
By LARRY VAUGHT
As I was watching Louisville rally to beat Wichita State last night, I was looking back through notes from the McDonald’s All-American Game and figuring out what stories I still had to write.
That’s when I came upon three of my favorite quotes of the week — all from Aaron Harrison. He’s been somewhat overshadowed by his twin brother, point guard Andrew Harrison, but don’t doubt Aaron Harrison’s ability, leadership or perspective. My guess is that UK fans will love him.
Here are three answers he had that I loved:
What would be a good nickname for next year’s UK team? “We are Kentucky. We don’t need any nicknames. We are just going out to prove we are the best.”
Do you like the pressure you will be under at UK? “We like all of it. Great players thrive in great moments. We want everybody to be out there. Just wait and see.”
Will your recruiting class definitely predict a national title the way players did two years ago? “We will proclaim it I guess but it is not about words. It is about what you do out there on the court”