Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
University of Kentucky football head coach Joker Phillips has released his team for Christmas break, giving the Wildcats until Dec. 29th to be with their friends and family for the holiday season.
Phillips said that he is not overly concerned about his team going back out of shape or condition but just wants his team to be careful during the holiday season.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Be safe,Ã¢â‚¬Â Phillips said of his hopes for the team during the break. Ã¢â‚¬Å“We have a four-day workout for them to do also. But we want them to be safe (while traveling) and also make sure that they do something to keep themselves into condition.Ã¢â‚¬Â
The first-year head coach said that not only will his players have some time off but that he is going to take it easy as well, saying he would spend time with family and watch some football.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“I am just going to relax a little bit,Ã¢â‚¬Â Phillips said. Ã¢â‚¬Å“We will have off until the 29th and I plan on just relaxing and watching some football and spending some time with the family.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Phillips and the UK coaching staff received good news before breaking for the holidays, with fall semester grades looking good.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“We had 30 guys that made over 3.0 (grade point average) and seven that made 4.0,Ã¢â‚¬Â Phillips said. Ã¢â‚¬Å“We are proud of that. We had 37 guys that were 3.0 or better.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Kentucky practiced for two hours Wednesday morning before breaking for the holiday. The Wildcats will return to Lexington on Dec. 29 and resume practice on the 30th.