Most Recent Posts
- Kentucky falls 71-70 to Tennessee in SEC championship
- This year John Calipari says the SEC Tournament is important for UK’s mojo
- High school coordinator on UK WR signee Blake Bone: “He doesn’t get caught”
- Kentucky big man Julius Randle: “We don’t know what we’ve got to do but we’ve got to get going”
- UK coach John Calipari: “I didn’t think we had any kind of fight” to start the game
- Miami Heat sign former UK standout DeAndre Liggins to 2nd 10-day contract
- 2014 SEC Tournament Bracket: Cats to play 7 p.m. Friday
- Photos from Kentucky’s 84-65 loss at Florida
By LARRY VAUGHT
Since John Calipari has been at Kentucky, he’s only lost two Rupp Arena games — Baylor and Texas A&M last season. He’s had some incredible wins, including the one over North Carolina on Anthony Davis’ last-shot block during the national championship season.
But has he ever had a bigger, more meaningful home win than the one over Louisville Saturday?
If UK had lost, it would have been the Cats’ fourth loss going into non-conference play, not what one expects from a team ranked No. 1 in preseason polls. It would have dropped UK out of the rankings, a huge blow for postseason seeding. It would have shaken a young team’s confidence even more, and likely caused quite a panic with UK fans as well.
And then to win the game with Julius Randle either a non-factor or unable to play the season half was something no one could have scripted.
Throw in the passion for the UK-Louisville rivalry, and I just can’t remember a bigger home win.
What about you? Where would you rank Saturday’s win on the list of Calipari victories in Rupp Arena? Anxious to see what vaughtsviews.com readers think and believe on this.