Most Recent Posts
- D.J. Eliot counting on Stamps; more on Khalid Henderson, Bud Dupree, Blake McClain, J.D. Harmon, Regie Meant
- John Calipari will have book-signing tour in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, Crestview
- John Calipari has to explain to Bill O’Reilly that Kentucky program has discipline, values to protect players, brand
- Could Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. end up top pick in 2015 NBA draft?
- Whether to declare for draft or stay at UK “muddy, convoluted” for Alex Poythress this year
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on Bud Dupree’s development, leadership, versatility
- KSR’s Ryan Lemond had it right about Willie Cauley-Stein, who weeks ago said “Why not stay in school?”
- Willie Cauley-Stein to return to Kentucky for junior season
By LARRY VAUGHT
If running backs coach Chad Scott is right, senior running back Raymond Sanders could flourish in UK’s new offense.
Question: How has senior Raymond Sanders been as a leader for a newcomer like JoJo Kemp?
Scott: “The biggest thing Raymond has done for him is teaching him how to perform, how to study. We do a walk-through before every practice, so Raymond has done a great job of teaching him how to do just that and about how fast to do it, but also doing it right. When we go live, he knows what is going on. That’s the biggest difference here. They didn’t do walk-throughs in high school, so everything he did was full speed. Ray has been a huge factor for him.”
Question: How much has Sanders’ leadership helped you?
Scott: “It has helped tremendously. All the older guys see that Ray being the player he is taking time to help the younger guys, so all the guys on offense want to do that. Also from a coaching standpoint, it shows you the confidence he has in his ability. He’s a competitor but he wants to help those guys become as talented as he is.”
Question: How well does Neal Brown’s offense fit Sanders’ skills?
Scott: “Perfectly. You will see Ray doing a lot of things with this offense. You will see him in the backfield. We will line him up out wide. You will see him do a lot because it fits him perfectly. I think you will see a whole different Ray Sanders this year.”