Most Recent Posts
- Big Blue Weekend featuring Blue-White Game has something for everyone
- Dakari Johnson thankful for memories, eager to win national title and continue studies
- SEC commissioner Mike Slive expects vote on adding 9th SEC football game at spring meetings
- Vince Marrow to UK fans: Blue-White attendance has big impact on recruiting
- Guest post: Fan has his solution for one-and-done dilemma for NBA, NCAA and players
- Dakari Johnson’s mother appreciates opportunities her son had, looks forward to future at UK
- Kentucky center Dakari Johnson to return for sophomore season
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops not only watches Kentucky practice, but puts on UK pullover
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kyle Tucker of the Louisville Courier-Journal, who covers both UK football and basketball, was at the NBA Draft Thursday night and caught up with UK coach John Calipari.
Here’s one interesting question he posed to Calipari:
Is the NBA draft still bigger than the national championship you won?
Calipari: “You know, I’m happy we won the national title, but I’m also happy to be here. And let me just say this: If it’s winning trophies and accolades for yourself or changing the cycle of a family, what would you want? You would think (the latter) unless you say, ‘I’m a selfish dude and I really don’t care about anybody else except me; this is about me and how our team plays, bring it all back to me.’ Or if you’re about families, this is a big day.”
He also added that if “you are at Kentucky,” then the coach needs to win titles and produce draft picks both.
See more of Tucker’s daily work at http://blogs.courier-journal.com.