Most Recent Posts
- John Calipari: “To have people say this team is done, I just don’t believe it”
- Jarrod Polson, Jon Hood will be “getting in their ears” to tell teammates about March play
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas has fun watching Gators, a team without “big shots going pro” after one year
- Kentucky officially names Craig Naviar as special teams coordinator
- High school coach on Harrisons: “No matter their body language, they want to win”
- Former Kentucky QB Tim Couch on Hall of Fame ballot
- Signee Blake Bone says it was a “no-brainer as a receiver” to want to play in Kentucky’s offense
- Guest post: Fan wonders if John Calipari can correct problems and right ship at Kentucky
By LARRY VAUGHT
Kyle Tucker of the Louisville Courier-Journal, who covers both UK football and basketball, was at the NBA Draft Thursday night and caught up with UK coach John Calipari.
Here’s one interesting question he posed to Calipari:
Is the NBA draft still bigger than the national championship you won?
Calipari: “You know, I’m happy we won the national title, but I’m also happy to be here. And let me just say this: If it’s winning trophies and accolades for yourself or changing the cycle of a family, what would you want? You would think (the latter) unless you say, ‘I’m a selfish dude and I really don’t care about anybody else except me; this is about me and how our team plays, bring it all back to me.’ Or if you’re about families, this is a big day.”
He also added that if “you are at Kentucky,” then the coach needs to win titles and produce draft picks both.
See more of Tucker’s daily work at http://blogs.courier-journal.com.