KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, Tenn.
Nov. 11, 2017
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 44, Vanderbilt 21
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 7-3 overall, 4-3 in the Southeastern Conference. Vanderbilt is 4-6, 0-6 in the league.
- Kentucky leads the series 44-42-4.
- Vanderbilt leads the series 27-20-2 in Nashville.
- The Wildcats will return to action on Nov. 18 at Georgia. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. ET and will be televised on CBS.
- The win moved Kentucky to a 14-6 record over the last 20 regular-season games.
- This marks the first time UK has accomplished this feat since 2006-08, when the Wildcats went 15-6 over a 21-game stretch.
- UK has won seven of its last 12 SEC games. This is the best stretch since the 1998-99 seasons.
- Kentucky has won three road games this season, first time that has happened since 2009.
- Kentucky scored a season-high 44 points.
- Kentucky scored on six straight possessions, a season best.
- Kentucky rushed for 232 yards, the Wildcats third straight game over 200.
- Kentucky intercepted four passes, first time that has happened since four pickoffs vs. Western Kentucky in 2011.
- UK had gone three games without a takeaway.
- UK is now +5 on turnovers for the season.
- Kentucky had five quarterback sacks during the game. The Wildcats have collected 15 sacks over the last three games.
- Kentucky limited Vanderbilt to 60 net rushing yards, the sixth time this season UK has held the opponent under 100.
- UK’s game captains were OG Nick Haynes, QB Stephen Johnson, LB Courtney Love and S Mike Edwards. They have been game captains every game this season.
- Senior quarterback Stephen Johnson completed 13 of 17 passes for 195 yards. He also rushed nine times for a net 44 yards.
- Sophomore running back Benny Snell rushed 17 times for 116 yards and three touchdowns.
- Snell now has 2,104 rushing yards as a Wildcat and became the ninth player in school history to reach 2,000 in his career.
- Snell has 1,013 rushing yards this season. He is the first player in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in consecutive seasons. He ran for 1,091 last year.
- Snell now has 28 rushing touchdowns as a Wildcat, breaking the career record of 26 by Sonny Collins and Moe Williams.
- It is his sixth 100-yard game of the season and 11th of his career.
- It is his third consecutive game over 100 yards. He also accomplished that feat last season in three straight games.
- Junior running back Sihiem King rushed 15 times and 69 yards and a career-high two touchdowns.
- Senior wide receiver Garrett “Juice” Johnson caught six passes for 76 yards.
- Johnson now has 2,104 receiving yards as a Wildcat, becoming the fourth player in school history – also Craig Yeast, Keenan Burton, Derek Abney – to reach 2,000 in his career.
- Johnson has 149 career catches, moving past Randall Cobb (143) for fifth place on the UK career reception list.
- He has caught a pass in 21 consecutive games.
- Freshman wide receiver Lynn Bowden weaved his way 93 yards for a kickoff return in the third quarter, taking the ball to the six-yard line to set up a Benny Snell touchdown run. It was UK’s longest kickoff return since 2009.
- Bowden also caught three passes for a career-high 79 yards.
- He led the Wildcats tonight with 192 all-purpose yards.
- Junior safety Mike Edwards picked off a pass in the second quarter, his fourth interception of the season and eighth of his career.
- Edwards, linebacker Jordan Jones and cornerback Davonte Robinson tied for the team lead in tackles with five stops each.
- Senior defensive end Denzil Ware caught a pass batted by junior defensive tackle Adrian Middleton for the first interception of Ware’s career.
- Ware also notched two of UK’s five quarterback sacks. That tied his career high of two sacks.
- Junior cornerback Derrick Baity got an interception, his second of the season and fifth of his career, and returned it 45 yards.
- Sophomore cornerback Jordan Griffin nabbed his first career interception on VU’s final possession.
- Senior kicker Austin MacGinnis made field goals of 42, 40 and 39 yards.
- He is now 18 of 23 on field goals for the season.
- He improved his UK career scoring record to 342 total points.