What’s happening on Saturday …
· Saturday is Heroes’ Day at Kroger Field. The annual Heroes’ Day event honors all active and reserve members of the armed forces along with police, firefighters and first responders. Any members of the aforementioned groups are eligible to receive two complimentary tickets to the game by presenting a valid service ID, while supplies last. Tickets can be picked up on game day beginning at 8 a.m. at the Kroger Field ticket office, located between gates 9 and 10.
· Along with complimentary tickets for heroes, UK Athletics is proud to offer specially priced tickets for the Eastern Kentucky game that will benefit Homes For Our Troops (HFOT). Fans can order tickets directly through a special website, UKathletics.com/HeroesDay, and $5 of every $30 ticket sold through this site will go directly to HFOT.
· Among the tentative plans for Heroes’ Day are a football-field sized American flag for the national anthem, which will be presented by the UK Air Force ROTC and UK Army ROTC, recognition of personnel throughout the game and military VIPs in attendance.
· The Cat Walk will begin at Gate 1 at 9:45 a.m. ET. The team will proceed down Talbott Todd Way to Gate 12.
· Immediately after the Cat Walk country singer Walker Montgomery will hold a free pregame concert outside Gate 12 until 30 minutes prior to kickoff.
· Performing the national anthem will be Jordan Smith – a Harlan, Ky., native who won season nine of The Voice.