By RICHARD CHEEKS
As I watched the game on Sunday evening, I was struck by the degree to which John Higgins displayed his obvious anti-Kentucky bias and agenda on national television. At halftime, I was convinced that he, and he alone, was responsible for a 10 point swing in the halftime margin.
- The two baskets by Edrice (BAM) Adebayo that he wiped off,
- The mugging that various UK players sustained without fouls called on the North Carolina offending players,
- The take out of the key UK players with foul trouble,
- The foul called on Derek Willis after the loose ball scrum and UK steal, resulting in two North Carolina free throws instead of the UK possession, and
- The mugging of De’Aaron Fox on the final possession of the first half without a foul call.
I could go on and on citing examples of John Higgins from the first half alone. The video linked below shows it better than I can describe it.
I emailed Dr. Mark Emmert Monday, and I encourage each of you to act. Here is a link to my email, so you are aware of the approach I took.