WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- A pair of freshman lead the Tide offensively. Forward Braxton Key, who is one of 10 freshmen in the nation to lead their team in both scoring and rebounding, averages team highs of 11.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game, while also topping the team in minutes (28.2 mpg). Guard Dazon Ingram, who ranks second in points (10.1 ppg), leads UA in assists (3.6 apg), steals (1.2 spg) and 3-point shooting (.464). Six of Alabama’s top seven scorers are underclassmen.
- Alabama’s Avery Johnson will face the 11th ranked opponent during his tenure. The Tide’s second-year head coach is 5-5 when facing teams ranked in the AP top 25, including 1-1 this season.
- The last time Alabama defeated top-25 ranked SEC opponents in consecutive games came during the 1999-2000 season. That year, the Tide defeated No. 11 Auburn, 68-64, on Feb. 22, 2000, followed by a 80-75 win vs. No. 7 Tennessee on Feb. 26, 2000.
- Kentucky, which won all three games between the two teams a year ago, has won six straight games in the series. The Tide’s last win over the Wildcats came on Jan. 22, 2013.
- Forward Braxton Key is one of 10 freshmen from around the country who currently leads his team in both scoring and rebounding this season.
- The Tide, which leads the SEC and ranks 26th nationally with a +6.6 rebounding margin, has outrebounded its opponents in 19 of its 23 games this year, including 10 of its 11 SEC foes.
- According to KenPom.com, Alabama ranks 29th in the nation in both average team height and 31st in bench production. The same site also lists the Crimson Tide 233rd out of 351 Division I programs in overall experience.
- Alabama is a perfect 12-0 when holding teams to 62 or fewer points, but falls to 2-9 when allowing the opposition to score more than 62.