Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Duquesne at Kentucky, Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky.
November 20, 2016
Final Score: No. 2/2 Kentucky 93, Duquesne 59
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 4-0. Duquesne is 2-3.
- Kentucky leads the series 2-0.
- Kentucky returns to action with a Wednesday afternoon game against Cleveland State. Game time is 1 p.m. and it will be televised on the SEC Network.
In the First Half
- Kentucky started the lineup of De’Aaron Fox, Isaiah Briscoe, Malik Monk, Wenyen Gabriel and Bam Adebayo for the first time this season.
- Trailing 4-2, Kentucky went on a 7-0 run, giving the Wildcats a lead they would not relinquish.
- Monk started the 7-0 run with a 3-pointer at the 17:22 mark, extending Kentucky’s streak of 979 games with at least one 3-pointer, the longest streak in the nation.
- Kentucky steadily extended the advantage and led 50-23 at halftime.
In the Second Half
- Kentucky led by as many as 41 points at 91-50.
- Duquesne closed with a 9-2 run to make the final score 93-59.
- This is the sixth time in eight seasons under Coach John Calipari that the Wildcats have opened with four straight wins.
- Kentucky limited Duquesne to 59 points. UK is 137-5 (.964) under Calipari when limiting the opponents to 63 points or fewer.
- Kentucky had its best rebounding performance of the season, leading the boardwork 49-32, a +17 margin.
- UK had 16 offensive rebounds, leading to a 19-7 advantage in second-chance points.
- UK also dominated points in the paint, 44-20.
- It was a very balanced effort tonight as 10 Wildcats saw action at least 10 minutes, all of whom scored at least two points and grabbed at least two rebounds. Five players scored in double figures.
- Kentucky has a 36-game win streak at home against teams that are not ranked in The Associated Press poll.
- Coach John Calipari has a 666-187 (.781) on-court record, including a 221-47 (.825) mark at UK.
- Kentucky has an all-time mark of 549-64 (.896) in Rupp Arena.
- UK is 122-4 (.968) at Rupp Arena under Calipari.
- Calipari tied Joe B. Hall for the most coaching victories in Rupp Arena. Hall was 122-14 (.897) in the arena.
- The current 40-game win streak is the second-longest in arena annals.
- Freshman De’Aaron Fox led all scorers with 16 points and had a game-high six assists.
- Fox has scored in double figures and led UK in assists in all four games this season.
- Fox made his first 21 foul shots of the season before missing his first one tonight.
- Freshman Malik Monk had 14 points and has reached double figures in all four games this season.
- Sophomore Isaiah Briscoe scored 13 points and had five assists. He also tied a career high with four steals.
- Briscoe has scored in double figures all four games this season.
- Senior Mychal Mulder notched a career-high 13 points, featured with a trio of 3-pointers.
- Freshman Bam Adebayo had 12 points and a game-high eight rebounds. He also added two blocked shots and two steals.
- Freshman Wenyen Gabriel made his first start and contributed eight points and six rebounds, his second straight game with six boards.
- Freshman Tai Wynyard made his only shot, his first points as a Wildcat.