SEC Network’s traveling football pre-game show, SEC Nation, will take place on the University of Kentucky campus from 10- noon ET prior to the Mississippi State at Kentucky football game this Saturday.
The show is live from a new location this year, William T. Young Library. Host Maria Taylor will be joined by Tim Tebow, Marcus Spears and Paul Finebaum. Reporter Laura Rutledge is live from Alabama and will be providing updates from that campus throughout the show.
Fans should arrive early for a free SEC Nation T-shirt (200 available) and chance to win tickets to the SEC Championship, a Regions bike, Belk prize pack and more. Free breakfast will be distributed to fans in attendance while supplies last and a prize for the fan judged to have the best sign. Students will receive 30 BBN Rewards points if they check in from SEC Nation.
Free non-permit parking for SEC Nation is available in Parking Structure #2, accessible from University Drive near the William T. Young Library.
Here’s what else will be going on Saturday at Commonwealth Stadium.
· The Cat Walk will begin at Gate 1 at 5:15 p.m. ET. The team will proceed down Talbott Todd Way to Gate 12.
· After the Cat Walk (approx. 5:30 p.m.), the Bobby Perry Band will perform on the stage in the Gate 12 plaza. Based in Lexington, the Bobby Perry Band is comprised of five Kentucky natives and former Wildcat basketball player Bobby Perry. Perry was a forward on the men’s basketball team from 2004-2007 and now plays piano for the country band.
· UK baseball’s 2006 SEC Championship team will be recognized during the game.
· UK track and field’s 2016 Olympians, Jasmine Camacho-Quinn (Puerto Rico), Leah Nugent (Jamaica), Rondel Sorrillo (T&T), Mikel Thomas (T&T) and Luis Orta (Venezuela), will be recognized during the game.
· UK football’s 1976 Peach Bowl and SEC Championship team will be recognized at halftime.