KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Florida
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium/Steve Spurrier Field, Gainesville, Fla.
Sept. 10, 2016
FINAL SCORE: Florida 45, Kentucky 7
Team Records and Series Notes
• Kentucky is 0-2, 0-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Florida is 2-0, 1-0 in the SEC.
• Florida leads the series, 50-17.
• This was the SEC opener for both teams.
• Kentucky will return to action Sat. Sept. 17, playing host to New Mexico State at 4 p.m. The game will be televised on SEC Network-Alternate Channel and broadcast on the UK Sports Radio Network.
Kentucky Team Notes
• UK’s game captains were running back Jojo Kemp, center Jon Toth, defensive end Courtney Miggins and linebacker Courtney Love.
• Five Cats made their debut for Kentucky, including freshmen offensive tackle Landon Young, cornerback Jordan Griffin anddefensive tackle T.J. Carter, redshirt freshman defensive linemanCalvin Taylor Jr. and junior quarterback Stephen Johnson.
• Sophomore cornerback Derrick Baity’s second quarter interception marked the eighth consecutive game the Wildcats have forced a turnover.
Kentucky Player Notes
• Stanley “Boom” Williams has 1,501 career rushing yards, 18th on the career rushing list. The last player to reach the 1,500 career rushing yards mark was Raymond Sanders, who finished with 1,542 yards from 2010-13, good for 16th on the career rushing list.
• In terms of games played, Williams is the third quickest player to reach 1,500 career rushing yards in school history (22 games). Only Sonny Collins (18 games played) and Moe Williams (19 games played) reached that milestone quicker.
• Jojo Kemp has 1,380 career rushing yards, 22nd on the career rushing list. He scored the Wildcats’ touchdown on a 2-yard run in the fourth quarter, his 15th career rushing touchdown.
• Kicker Austin MacGinnis ranks eighth on the career scoring list with 171 points; needs three to tie Craig McIntosh (174) for seventh place
• Sophomore linebacker Jordan Jones finished with nine tackles, giving him 28 total tackles in the first two games. He ranked first in the country in tackles entering the game after recording 19 in the season opener against Southern Miss.
• Junior wide receiver Jeff Badet had a 45-yard reception. He is averaging 39.0 yards per catch on the season.
• Freshman punter Grant McKinniss averaged 43.4 yards per punt with a long of 53 for the game, upping his season average to 40.4per punt with three downed inside the opponent’s 20-yard line.
• Sophomore cornerback Derrick Baity registered his first career interception in the second quarter.
• Senior C Jon Toth started his team-leading 37th consecutive game.
• Sophomore defensive tackle Adrian Middleton made his first career start and finished with four tackles.
• Freshman offensive lineman Landon Young made his first collegiate appearance at left tackle in the second quarter.
• Freshman defensive tackle T.J. Carter made his first collegiate appearance in the second quarter and finished with two tackles.
• Freshman running back Benny Snell Jr. recorded his first career touch with a 23-yard kickoff return to start the second half.
• Junior transfer quarterback Stephen Johnson made his debut in the third quarter.
• Freshman cornerback Jordan Griffin made his first collegiate appearance in the fourth quarter.
• Redshirt freshman defensive tackle Calvin Taylor Jr. entered for his first career snap in the fourth quarter.