ESPN Presents the 2016 NBA Draft
- Michael Wilbon Joins Main Desk with Rece Davis, Jay Bilas and Jalen Rose
- Reporters Live from Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Boston
- ESPN Radio Broadcasts the Draft Live
ESPN will exclusively cover the 2016 NBA Draft presented by State Farm on Thursday, June 23, at 7 p.m. ET from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. on both television and radio. Michael Wilbon will join the main television desk this year, working alongside NBA Draft analyst Jay Bilas and NBA analyst Jalen Rose, both of whom were NBA Draft picks. Rece Davis will host the television coverage for the entire two rounds. Additional television elements include:
- Post-Pick Interviews: ESPN reporter Lisa Salters, who is working her first NBA Draft since 2009, will conduct the post-pick interviews, including with top prospects Ben Simmons (LSU) and Brandon Ingram (Duke).
- All-Access: College basketball analyst Jay Williams will roam the arena, bringing viewers behind the scenes and providing access to the NBA prospects. Additionally, the former second overall pick of the NBA Draft will analyze specific players.
- Additional Set: NBA analyst Tom Penn and college basketball analyst Fran Fraschilla will be on ESPN’s second set, using the touchscreen to breakdown various players. Penn will focus on the U.S.-born players and Fraschilla on the international players.
- News and Information: From inside the Barclays Center, ESPN college basketball reporter Andy Katz and NBA reporter Marc Stein will provide the latest news and information from around the league.
- From Team Headquarters: ESPN will have reporters in Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Boston at the headquarters of the franchises that currently own the top three picks on Thursday night. Chris Broussard will be with the 76ers, Ramona Shelburne with the Lakers and Jeff Goodman with the Celtics.
- New Technology: For the first time on NBA Draft coverage, ESPN will utilize the Avid Edit System. Using multiple camera angles, the technology will capture the raw emotion of the prospects leading up to and during the night.
The 2016 NBA Draft will be the 14th consecutive year ESPN has televised the annual event.
ESPN Radio host Marc Kestecher, NBA analysts Ryen Russillo and P.J. Carlesimo will anchor ESPN Radio’s coverage from Brooklyn. In addition to hearing the team selections throughout the night, the broadcast will be joined by a number of the draftees.