WASHINGTON 85, KENTUCKY 72
MARCH 25, 2016
REGIONAL SEMIFINALS, LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY
- Washington improves to 25-10 overall.
- The Huskies are in their 18th NCAA Tournament and second consecutive.
- UW is 18-17 all-time in the tourney.
- This marked UW’s eighth overall Sweet 16 and first since 2001.
- UW is now 3-6 in the regional semifinals.
- Washington hit 11 of 28 from the 3-point line (39.0 percent).
- Marked the most 3-pointers since netting a season-high 12 at Washington State on Dec. 29, 2015.
- The Huskies were led by senior forward Talia Walton who recorded her second 30-point of the season with a game-high tying 30 points.
- Marked her 13th straight game in double digits and second straight with 20 or more.
- Junior forward Chantel Osahor finished with 19 points and a game-high 17 rebounds, her 10th double-double of the season.
- Marked her second 20-point performance of the season and first since scoring a career-high 24 vs. Colorado on Jan. 2, 2016.
- Junior guard Kelsey Plum scored 23 points, including 16 in the second half.
- Dished out a game-high seven assists.
- Has scored in double figures in all 35 games this season, including 20 or more in 31 games and three in a row.
- Kentucky finishes its season with a 25-8 overall record.
- Kentucky made its 13th NCAA Tournament appearance and seventh in a row under Coach Matthew Mitchell.
- UK is now 19-13 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
- This is Kentucky’s sixth all-time appearance in the NCAA Sweet 16.
- It is UK’s first Sweet 16 appearance since 2014 and fifth in the last eight seasons.
- UK is 4-2 overall in the regional semfinals, 3-2 under Mitchell.
- Kentucky is now 25-14 all-time in Rupp Arena, 2-1 this season. The Cats defeated Louisville and Duke in the regular season.
- UK shot just 40 percent from the field (32 of 80), including 24 percent from beyond the arc (5 of 21).
- UK hit just 3 of 9 from the free-throw line, the lowest amount of makes and attempts for the Wildcats this season.
- Junior guard Makayla Epps led UK with a season-high 30 points, her eighth game of the season with at least 20 points.
- Has netted double digits in 10 straight games.
- Junior forward Evelyn Akhator posted her 13th double-double and fourth in the last seven games with 10 points and 14 rebounds.
- Junior forward Alexis Jennings came off the bench for 12 points and 10 rebounds, her second double-double of the season.
- Senior point guard Janee Thompson finished her Wildcat career with 11 points and 1,015 career points.
- With five assists today, she finishes with 347 in her career which ranks 10th on UK’s all-time list.
WASHINGTON ADVANCES TO THE ELITE 8
- Washington advances to the Elite 8, which will be held Saturday in Rupp Arena at 1 p.m. vs. either Standford or Notre Dame.
- The Huskies are 0-2 in the Elite 8.
Associate Director of Media Relations
Men’s Basketball and Women’s Golf
firstname.lastname@example.org | C: 859.619.0944 | O: 859.257.8429