Most Recent Posts
- Calipari: “I really don’t care that people play a zone … it makes us come together.”
- Jon Hood did not make trip to Baylor with Wildcats
- Video: Former UK football player David Hopewell talks about his hopes for the future of the program
- Matthew Mitchell on Calipari: “He’s been so supportive of our program from the very first time he got here.”
- Donte Rumph on 2014: “You know it’s going to be a special year for UK next year”
- Coaches say Booker, Lyles excited to see UK fans at Marshall County Hoop Fest
- Only at Kentucky: Fan can win part ownership in thoroughbred by attending UK game
- Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist could both miss up to 20 games with hand injuries
By LARRY VAUGHT
In a major surprise, Dallas (Texas) Prime Prep point guard Emmanuel Mudiay has decided he will announce his college decision during the Elite 24 game at 7 p.m. Saturday on ESPNU.
Mudiay, the nation’s top-ranked point guard, will choose between Kentucky, SMU, Baylor and Oklahoma State.
Kentucky has long been considered the leader for Mudiay, but 247Sports national analyst Jerry Meyer today switched his prediction to SMU and coach Larry Brown for Mudiay. His pick had been UK.
Mudiay was scheduled to make his official visit to Kentucky for Big Blue Madness in October. He has yet to take any official visits, but he’s been on the SMU campus often recently.
Kentucky also recently offered 5-9 Chicago point guard Tyler Ulis a scholarship, a sign that coach John Calipari could have senses Mudiay might not choose UK.